Here is a summary of ideas to stimulate your imagination from HGTV and the National Association of Home Builders.
1. Colorful Kitchens, with cabinets that are not gray or white
2. Bolder saturated colors like deep blues or softer colors reflective of nature like celadon, birch bark, hyacinth violet, and sky blue.
3. Rose gold accessories instead of brass
4. More metallic in wallpaper, tiles, and accessories. Quartz countertops now come with silver in them to reduce the risk of salmonella.
5. Disappearance of appliances in stainless steel by using paneling to make kitchens look more spacious
6. More curved and softer lines in furniture
7. Wallpaper is coming back with more nature-inspired prints and modern geometric patterns
8. Open plan dining creates a sense of flow and brings socializing back to the dining table
9. Islands in the kitchen that look like furniture,
10. Walk-in pantries for small appliances, dishes, and “stuff” which clutter kitchen counters